The Cord Strategies Group, LLC, is a company providing nationwide expert federal sentencing mitigation assistance to defense attorneys and their clients and families, as well as services for civil circuit and appellate matters within the State of Florida. It is our intent to leverage 25 years of experience with the United States Courts and extensive exposure to the federal sentence process, to help clients receive the least onerous sentence possible pursuant to the directives of 18 U.S.C. § 3553. Our principal mitigation consultant, Carlos R. Dawson, is a member of the National Alliance of Sentencing Advocates and Mitigation Specialists (NASAMS), a section of the National Legal Aid & Defender Association, and subscribes to the organization's Code of Ethics and Professional Standards. As mitigation specialists, we can provide assistance to defense counsel from the time of Indictment, pretrial conferencing on sentencing guidelines scenarios, pre-plea negotiations, presentence report analysis, full mitigation , through testimony at sentencing – all from the defendant’s perspective. We provide the following services in support of sentencing mitigation to the defense team:
- Telephonic conferencing with defense counsel
- Impact of plea agreement review
- Complex guidelines analysis
- Facilitating with the United States Probation Office
- Presentence report review and recommendations
- Assistance with objections to PSR
- Sentencing factors review and recommendations
- Comprehensive (full) bio-psychological mitigation reports with recommendations
- Character reference (letters) investigations and reports
- Records collections and analysis
- Situational contract interviews
- All other related defense support services in accordance with 18 U.S.C. § 3553
If you are an attorney representing a defendant with limited finances, we are willing to provide services at rates commensurate with the schedule of fees allowed under the Criminal Justice Act.
Look around our website and if you have any comments or questions, please feel free to contact us.